Madison's combination of flat and hilly terrain along with many bike paths make it a great city to ride a bike. Whether you’ve been cycling for years or this is your first time on a bike since middle school, following these few steps can make your e-bike trip even easier!
Inspect the Bike
- Make sure to check brakes, tires, and the front/rear lights before riding.
- Madison BCycle bike seats are easily adjustable. Just open the clamp on the seat post, lower or raise your seat, and close the clamp again.
- Problems? Re-dock the bike and give us a call at 800-473-4743
Wear a helmet
- You should always wear a helmet when riding a bike. Make sure to bring one with you when you know you’re heading out for a ride.
Follow the rules of the road
- Make sure to observe local traffic signs, signals, and laws at all times.
- Ride your bike in the in bike lanes, on bike paths or on the street when needed. Never ride against traffic.
- Signal your next move. If you are turning, point in the direction you are going. This helps cars and other cyclists understand your intentions.
- Walk your bike on the sidewalk.
Plan a route
- Know where you’re headed – Download the BCycle mobile app for the most up-to-date station map.
Return your bike securely to the station
- When returning your bike to a station, make sure it is securely locked. The dock will beep and a green light will indicate a successful return.
- Checkout your trip history in the BCycle mobile app