Do you love great food and bikes? We want you!
MadisonEats and Madison BCycle offer weekend brunch tours that provide a taste of Madison’s best: awesome food and a relaxed bike ride. This season, we need a helpful BCycle Assistant Guide on these Saturday morning tours. Interested? Read on!
The BCycle Assistant Guide will be the face of Madison BCycle on Brunch tours and should be a current Madison BCycle member. His/her primary responsibilities are to ensure the safety and comfort of riders and safe use of BCycles throughout the tour. BCycle guides must be well versed in Madison bike routes and safe riding guidelines. They must complete event-specific training supervised by Madison BCycle staff before their first tour.
Other duties as BCycle Assistant Guide include:
- Review safe cycling guidelines with attendees
- Demonstrate BCycle’s bike share system at a dedicated stop along the tour
- Coordinate bikes and riders at starting location
- Work with MadisonEats staff to coordinate routes based on restaurant stops
- Facilitate cohesiveness and guest comfort & safety throughout the tour
- Take photos and post to social media along the way
Training: Candidates will meet with MadisonEats staff to ensure a good fit. Before their first tour, they will complete a brief training session with Madison BCycle staff.
Compensation: BCycle Assistant Guides enjoy amazing brunch samples along the tour route & possible share of tour gratuities, though not guaranteed.
Dates & Times: 2016 Brunch tours are tentatively scheduled for the following Saturdays: April 16 (Farmers' market kick off tour?) May 7 (mother's day), May 21, June 4, 18 (father's day), July 9, 23, August 6, Sept 10, Oct 8.
Interested? Contact Otehlia at MadisonEats by email now.