Yesterday we sent a note to all annual and monthly BCycle members that we would up upgrading our credit card readers today.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Please go online and update your credit card information. If you don't do this, your RFID card will work still work at the dock, but your credit card will not work at the kiosk. For assistance with this, just follow these steps:
- Log in to your account using username & password
- Click on the My Profile tab, then click Edit under Credit Card Information
- Re-enter valid credit card information (it can be the same card you used previously, as long as it is not expired).
- Click SAVE & log out.
2. You will still be able to use your RFID card (your B Card) at the dock without interruption. If you are missing your B Card, please call us at 800-473-4743 to request a new card – free of charge for a limited time.
Why are we doing this?
To keep up to date with ongoing credit card processing requirements
What does this mean for you?
1. The Madison BCycle system will work just as it always has.
2. For a short time, members from other systems will not be able to access their membership in Madison through reciprocity (B-Connected).
3. Your BCycle RFID card will continue to work in the other BCycle cities which participate in B-connected, however there will be times when reciprocity in other cities will be temporary disabled during their upgrades (like this one).
Thank you for your patience as we keep Madison BCycle up to date and as secure as possible.